AI Based Email Client

Email overload is a real problem. Once a year or two, I find myself, going through emails and unsubscribing from email feeds that are no longer relevant. Often times, I have to find all relevant emails and manually bulk-mark-as-read or bulk-delete. At other times, I have a lot of emails which I wish to receive and preserve (e.g. receipts) but not to read every single one. In such cases, again I am forced to find all relevant emails and do a manual bulk-mark-as-read action. Or create rules to do the same. I do not wish to do this explicit annual/bi-annual de-cluttering. And I do not want to manually create rules every time I realize I have clutter in my mailbox. Hence, I am suggesting building an AI Based Email Client.

Every time, an end user an email, the AI-based email-client should let the user optionally set a flag with a value as one or more of the following actions:

  • automatically `mark as read` emails by sender
  • automatically `delete` emails by sender
  • automatically `archive` emails by sender
  • automatically `unsubscribe` emails by sender
  • automatically `move to folder` emails by sender
  • automatically `mark as read` emails with text
  • automatically `delete` emails with text
  • automatically `archive` emails with text
  • automatically `unsubscribe` emails with text
  • automatically `move to folder` emails with text
  • automatically `mark as spam` email by sending
  • automatically `mark as spam` email with text
  • automatically `move to folder` email by sender
  • automatically `move to folder` email with text
  • automatically execute custom action (e.g. add a colored flag stating importance of email with red being most importance and green being least important => Priority) for email by a sender or with specific text

Other general actions: 

  • `prioritize` emaill (red, yellow, green, blue (info) flags)
  • `archive` email
  • `delete` email
  • `mark as spam` email
  • `move to folder` email`


The flag should also automatically apply the rules in the flag to past emails for which the rules applies. This prevents the end user from having to do manual bulk-update operations or having to setup rules manually.

The email client should also prompt the user with new rules based on previous preferences and behaviors.

Another great feature would be for the email client to automatically organize emails by priority based on previous rules and by anticipating the user's desires using an AI Model.

The user should also have the option to manually update existing rules. That is the one manual action that makes sense to me.

This would improve user's experience by only notifying them of emails that are truly relevant i.e. that must be read by the user. This reduction in clutter improve's end user's performance i.e. they can spend their time doing other important things. The chance that important emails are missed also reduces.

Existing features I would like to use more and improve as necessary are listening to emails and diction to write emails.

I have this dream of walking around making breakfast, while my email client reads my emails out loud to me and I tell my email client to process the emails according to what I am hearing. It's like having a secretary who has gone through your emails, reduced the clutter so you only pay attention to the most important pieces of news.



Comments

Popular Posts